This academic year (2020/21), Relationships Education and Health Education will become statutory in all primary schools in England.
As a Catholic school, our mission is to support the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all of our pupils, rooted in the wisdom and teaching of the Church. The education of children in human sexuality is an important, precious and privileged responsibility. The Church teaches us that this is very much a partnership with parents, in which parents are the ‘first educators’ of their children on these matters; ultimately, you confer on us the right to co-educate your children with you.
Life to the Full has been approved by our diocese. Furthermore, Ten Ten have entered into a partnership with the Catholic Education Service and the Department for Education to provide training for teachers in Catholic schools on the subject of the new statutory curriculum. Therefore, we are confident that this programme is a very good fit for our school.
We would like to have your feedback on our approach, and particularly on the key decisions that we need to take regarding the teaching of certain topics. To this end, we have opened a consultation period during which we welcome your feedback.
Ten Ten have provided an online Parent Consultation Tool. This is a simple-to-follow, short online course which:
- Outlines the statutory changes that will take place.
- Articulates a vision for Catholic Relationships and Health Education.
- Explains how Life to the Full aims to help us fulfil the statutory curriculum with a Catholic ethos.
- Provides some information about key decisions we need to make, in consultation with parents.
- Answers some Frequently Asked Questions.
To take part in the consultation, please access the Parent Consultation Tool here:
You will need the login credentials that have been sent to all parents via text.
Our RSE Policy has been updated to reflect our programme of study and the programme we will be using to deliver RSE. Please read this document as part of the consultation.
The documents below will offer further support and guidance:
- Statutory guidance: Relationships education, relationships and sex education (RSE) and health education
- Learning to love An introduction to Catholic Relationship and Sex Education (RSE) for Catholic Educators
When you have read all the information, please complete our consultation survey by Friday 26th March 2021.
We will be holding a Zoom meeting about TenTen and Life to the Full programme on Wednesday March 3rd 2021 at 4 p.m. This can be your opportunity to ask questions and for us to share how the programme has been personalised for the pupils of St. Chad’s.